Meet Alex, one of C-Life’s Personal Trainers. Alex has been part of the C-Life family since 2018. We asked her some questions so that you can get to know her better.
What qualifications do you have?
Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science and I will graduate with a Masters in Clinical Exercise Physiology at the end of this year.
What do you love about working at C-Life?
Since I started back in early 2018, the thing I love most is working amongst a warm, enthusiastic and friendly team of people.
Also interacting with a wide variety of clientele whilst experiencing different training styles and getting to see their progress along the way definitely makes work enjoyable.
What makes you stand out from other personal trainers in the industry?
My ability to build rapport and empathise with clients who may be experiencing adversities relating to injury or lifestyle challenges.
What made you get into health and fitness?
I have always been interested in health and exercise since a young age. I grew up playing various sports and was influenced by the sporting culture within my family.
I developed a specific interest in learning how exercise can help people with injury and chronic conditions, not to mention overall wellbeing.
If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What are some of your best exercise/workout tips?
- Leave your cardio to the end of your workouts! Strength training is more neurologically fatiguing and requires more of your fast energy stores, therefore you’re more likely to burn fat at the end.
- Aim to do something active every day of the week, even if it’s not a planned session. It could be trying a new class or as simple as going for a half an hour walk.
- Make sure you are including core workouts in your program; you use your core for everything!
What are your goals for the rest of 2020?
- I want to catch a fish by the end of the year
- Stay Covid-19 free
- Spend more quality time with family
If you could give people one piece of advice, what would it be?
Develop and maintain a well-balanced routine. If you have a routine, doing the important things becomes your norm.
What do you do in your spare time?
Usually either exercising or adventuring with friends.
If you are interested in a PT session with Alex, call 9704 7712 or visit Reception to get started.